Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mr. Big King Of All Weeds :)

Every chick has her Mr. Big it comes in all shapes, size and forms. For me Mr. Big was perfect, or so I thought. See every girl at some point of their life has an epiphany, an ahh haa moment. My ahh haa moment came just in time..

I FINALLY SEE IT!! In all he was choking my growth! you know..Instead of giving me room to bloom, he was a weed. It was time for him to be pulled..

See the growing feeling of restlessness in my spirit that had me fighting against the constraints of my life and ridding my existence of any excess baggage and turmoil and drama finally! burst to the surface, awakening my senses and opening my eyes for what felt like the very first time.


Suddenly every word that came out of his mouth..every text..every faded promise.. sounded false, and hollow, and empty. His complete inability to ever let me scratch beneath the surface of who he REALLY was and get close enough to SEE and FEEL... his heart felt like laminate, or a shiny veneer; a smooth coating of what he WANTED me to see instead of what I NEEDED him to be. 


I suddenly realized that I was no longer in love with who this person was, but with the potential of who I thought he could be…and as my friend put it so succinctly at lunch a few weeks ago..” You can't date the potential of who someone could be. You have to date the reality of who they are.”


As Big went on and on about something –With random texts or calls and blah messages  – I managed to find my voice.

His lies and faded promises had completely filled my garden of self- worth.. what was once so pretty turned into something that no longer added to my life, but subtracted from it.. In all Mr. Big is just a minor player..in the much bigger story of my life. I’m no longer giving him more power than he deserve.. you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security.

I'm building my roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans, and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight. .After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much. So I’m planting my own garden and decorate my own soul, instead of waiting for someone to invade it and plant flowers disguised as weeds


So ladies it's possible to find a rooted strong rose within your self to finally kill these life sucking Mr. Big I call weeds :)

0 comments: